lunes, 4 de julio de 2011

Soundtrack 2011 - II (Q2)

This second quarter hasn't been what i expected... 'cause it was both better and worse. Between the steamy afternoons with movies as soundtrack, the never-ending party in Surgery, the everyday life at the 3I, the renewed flight of my once forgotten Ícaro, the travel plans that crashed and burned and the plan B that popped along the way, music found its way in the middle, as it always does.

1) Dear Prudence - The Beatles
The Beatles sweeping off my feet, yet again, both literally and metaphorically. How not to fall for this song?


2) Si no le contesto - Plan B
Surgery Hymn. Meant to be danced (and sung) in the drunkest state possible, with the best group i have had the joy to work with. Cirugía Cayetano: la vida entera.


3) Mine is yours - Cold War Kids
Early at dawn, the will to wake up early knowing that i'm gonna get my ass kicked. God, i miss surgery.


4) I think i'll call you mine - Parlours
Indie rock! :D (happy music!)

5) Little Riot - The morning benders
Autumn fading away as a rather warm winter comes.



6) Afortunadamente no eres tú - Paty Cantu
¡Mírate, por dios escúchate, qué horror ya cállate! Sometimes it's just about jumping around to a sweetened, decaffeinated latin rock diva trying to be punk in black stilettos and heavy make-up. Hardly pulling it off, but c'mon, it's such a guilty pleasure!


7)  Better love - Eisley
An honest rock song that has every right to claim the anthem tag for it.

8) St. Dominic - Left with Pictures


9) I need your mind - Singing Adams


10) Sunday - The View


11) Chat with Sivan - Foxtails Brigade
Some songs pull my strings so accurately it almost hurts. This is one of them.

12) Not enough - Xylos


13)  Pollen on the dust - Boat Beam
God vocals + great musical architecture + cellos = goosebumps all over the place.


14) Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
Amazing lyrics, outstanding song. The perfect soundtrack for those moments of excruciating pleasure.


15) Don't make me close my eyes - Jon Fratelli
There's something undeniably sexy in this man's voice...

16) Shake - Jared Mees and the Grown Children


17) But what about the future - Toy Horses
Stephen Fry is really a clever fucking guy; thank you for this song!

18) Snowglobe - Jesca Hoop
Sweet, slow melody that crawled its way beneath my skin.

19) The inner light - The Beatles
One must know when to end the movie; lesson learned.


20) Around my head - Cage the Elephant



21) All is full of Love - Björk
Ícaro, being on call, Marlboro Blue spreading through the air. I had almost forgotten how good he smells. 



22) Nunca te olvidaré - Enrique Iglesias
Grandiloquent, predictable and yes, a bit kitsch. Back from the time when the mainstream/indie dichotomy didn't give me headaches. Not that it actually gives me headaches now... you know what i mean.


23) Hey You - Pony Pony Run Run
Wish you were made just for me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario